The Arizona Counselors Association is Arizona’s state branch of the American Counseling Association. AzCA works in conjunction with ACA to bring its members up to date information on the counseling profession. The Arizona Counselors Association is dedicated to promoting the development of the individual professional counselor, advancing the counseling profession, and using the profession and practice of counseling to improve the quality of life for Arizona’s citizens.
The membership year runs from January 1 to December 31. For new members, those who join after the half way point through the current membership year may take 50% off their membership dues payment for the following membership year.
>> Become a Member Today! <<
Membership Categories & Annual Dues
Professional Member: $55 (1 year)
Carries all privileges) This membership is for individuals who hold a Masters degree or higher in counseling or a closely related field and who also hold Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners (AzBBHE) Licensure and/or Counselor Certification by the National Board for Counselor Certification (NBCC).
Regular Member: $55 (1 year)
This membership is for individuals who possess a Masters degree in counseling or a closely related field.
Student Member: $30 (1 year)
(Carries all privileges) This membership is for individuals who are enrolled in a graduate program in counseling or closely related field.Limited to three years, 1/2 time students, and faculty verification
Retired Member: $30 (1 year)
(Carries all privileges of prior status) This membership is for individuals who previously held Professional or Regular membership and are no longer actively employed in providing counseling services.
- To promote high standards of professional counseling
- To promote public policy advocacy
- To provide educational opportunities for our diverse membership
- To provide an organizational structure and support to fulfill our mission
- To maintain and enhance communication among our membership
- To promote public awareness of counseling and the profession
- To encourage partnerships with other professional stakeholders
AzCA membership provides counselors, educators, graduate students and other mental health professionals information, education, training and advocacy within the counseling field.
AzCA Membership Services
- A voice in State Legislation. AzCA’s government relations committee keeps all members informed of the latest changes in licensure and other legislative issues affecting professional counselors.
- An active role in licensure. Members of AzCA have assumed a leadership role in counselor licensure in Arizona and remain active in its implementation through regular involvement in the state regulatory process.
- An opportunity to Network. Attending workshops, conferences and trainings allow you to keep in touch with others in your field through both professional and social settings. AzCA events earn NCC/CEU credits needed to maintain licensure and keep abreast of pertinent issues in the counseling field. The AzCA e-mail list-serve provides members with a way to communicate with other professionals regarding.
- AzCA Referral Listing. AzCA has a referral section on the AzCA webpage viewable to the public to provide a listing of counselors who are AzCA members and have expertise in particular counseling specialties.
- Savings through member discounts. AzCA members receive discounted fees at all AzCA conferences, workshops, and other AzCA sponsored events.
“Contributions or gifts to the Arizona Counselors Association are not deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. Dues payments are deductible by members as an ordinary and necessary expense.” See §10701 of the Revenue Act of 1987.